under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Address of the President to the people of Kazakhstan
Third Modernization of Kazakhstan
"Only those nations who manage to set the future goals and proceed resolutely facing the challenges,
instead of sitting on the hedge and waiting, are the winners."
Personal details: Kazakh, was born on 29 September, 1965 year, Shymkent city.
She finished Temirtau Secondary School №20.
Married, has a daughter (2005 y).
Education: • A.A. Zhdanov Leningrad State University, Faculty of Psychology (1982-87 ys.), • Correspondence Post Graduate school of Saint Petersburg State University, Faculty of Psychology (1990-1994 ys.).
Academic degree: • Doctor of Sociological Science (2003 y.) Theme of doctoral dissertation «Social interrelation of ethnics in modern Kazakhstan society». Dissertation was defended in Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, 2003 y.
• Candidate in Psychological Science (1995 y.) Theme of candidate dissertation: «Personal direction of Chief (on the example of big industrial enterprise)». Dissertation was defended in Saint Petersburg State University, 1995 y. Academic title: Professor (2006 y.), Correspondent Member of National Academy of Sciences, Republic of Kazakhstan (RK) (2012 y.)
Labor activity • 1987 -1997 years – Psychologist, Chief of the Stabilization Stuff Department, Chief of social-psychological service of Karagandi Iron and steel factory (Temirtau city) • 1997 - 2007 years – Director of the Institute for Comparative Social Studying (Astana city) • 2007 - 2010 years – Dean of the Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University • 2010 – 2011 years – Deputy Director on Scientific work of Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan • 2011 – 2017 years – Director of the Institute for Philosophy, Political Science and Religion Studies of Committee Science, Ministry of Education and Science of Republic of Kazakhstan
• 2014 - 2016 Vice-Rector on Integration of Education and Science of Faculty of Philosophy and Political Science, Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (in combination)
• Since February 2017 – currently – Director of Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Public work • Member of National Commission on Women Issues and Family-Demographic Policy under the President (Since 2008)
Member of Expert Counsel of Commission on Human Rights at the President of RK (Since 2000) • Member of High Scientific Technical Commission at the Government of RK (Since 2011)
Member of Political Party “Nur Otan” (Since 2008)
• Member of Political Counsel of Almaty branch of the party “Nur Otan” (Since 2008) • Chief Deputy of Expert Counsel at the Assembly of Kazakhstan Nation (Since 2011) • Executive Director of Public Association « Association of sociologists in Kazakhstan» (АSК) (2002-2011) • Chief Editor of Scientific-Analytical the inter-country Journal «Aleumettanu-Sociology» (Since 2007)
• Honored worker of Republic of Kazakhstan (2011 y.) • Medal «10 Anniversary of Astana» (2008 y.) • Medal «20 years of Independency of Republic of Kazakhstan» (2011 y.)
• Medal «20 years of Assembly of Kazakhstan Nation» (2011 y.)
• Medal «25 years of Independency of Republic of Kazakhstan» (2011 y.)
Departmental awards: • Award of Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Kazakhstan «For the contribution to the Science of Republic of Kazakhstan » (2003 y.)
* Medal of the Ibrai Altinsarin, Ministry of Education and Science of Republic of Kazakhstan (2009 y.)
* State scientific scholarship for the scholars and specialists, contributed in development of country’s science (2008–2010 ys.)
* Honored Worker of Education of Republic of Kazakhstan (2014)
* Award of Ministry of Education and Science, Republic of Kazakhstan «For the contribution to the development of Science and Education of Republic of Kazakhstan» (2015 y.)
* «Akhmet Baitursunov Medal» (2015 у.)
* Medal of Political Party «Nur Otan» “For the Active Work” (2015 y)
* Golden Medal of Assembly of Kazakhstan nation “Birlik” (2016).
* The Main Scientific publications: Author of about 150 scientific publications. Responsible Editor of training of sociology for high schools «Sociological training» (2005), co-author of
multi-volume Anthology of sociological thought «Anthology of world sociology » within the program «Cultural heritage». Chief of authors’ collective monograph «Modern Kazakhstan: public opinion» (2011 y.). Author of monographs - «Social interrelation of ethnics in modern Kazakhstan society» (2003 y.), «Ideological concept of development of Kazakhstan on current stage» (2010 y.), «Ideological constructing in Republic of Kazakhstan» (2012 y.). «Social interrelation of ethnics: monitoring of interethnic relations in Republic of Kazakhstan» (2013 y.), “Ideological constructing in Republic of Kazakhstan: evolution directions and development trajectories within the strategy “Kazakhstan 2050” (2013, in co-authorship), “Institute of family as factor of stability of Kazakhstan society” (in co-authorship), “Value meaning and intellectual spiritual foundations of ethnic and religious groups of Republic of Kazakhstan unto civil society” (2014, in co-authorship), “Values and ideals of Independent Kazakhstan” (2015, collective monograph).
PERSONAL DETAILS: Born February 11, 1974.
2004 Candidate of Social Science Degree - al-Farabi Kazakh National University;
2001 Post-graduate school, Department of Philosophy, Eurasian National University, ENU;
1995 – Specialist Diploma - Department of History, Seifullin University of Akmola (since 1996 - ENU);
Candidate of Social Sciences (2004), the thesis "The language situation in Kazakhstan: the sociological analysis."
March 2016 – Present: Institute for Strategic Studies under the President of Kazakhstan, Deputy Director;
2013 – 2016: "Public Opinion" Research Institute, Founder and Director;
2007 – 2013: "TsESSI-Kazakhstan" Institute for Comparative Social Research, Director;
2001 – 2007: "TsESSI-Kazakhstan" Institute for Comparative Social Research, Deputy Director
1997 - 2001: "TsESSI-Kazakhstan" Institute for Comparative Social Research, General Manager.
Since 2015: World Association of Public Opinion Researchers (WAPOR);
Since 2012: World Association for Market, Social and Opinion Research (ESOMAR);
Since 2011 - International Studies Association (ISA);
Since 2009 - Expert Council, People’s Assembly of Kazakhstan;
Since 2005 - Union of Sociologists of Turkic-speaking Countries.
2015; Kazakhstan Halқy Assambleyasynyn 20 Zhyl" medal;
2014; Kazakhstan Halқy Assambleyasynyn Kogamdyқ "Birlik" golden medal.
Kazakh Diaspora, diaspora studies, ethnic identity, interethnic and interfaith relations, migration, electoral sociology, mediation, methodology of social research
Since 1997: more than 800 research projects in Kazakhstan, Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan), the Russian Federation, China (Beijing, 2006 Urumqi - 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 Altai - 2012), Turkey (Istanbul, 2005, 2010, 2013), Saudi Arabia (Jeddah, Mecca, Medina -2009), Europe (the UK, France, Germany, Austria, Norway, Denmark, Sweden 2006-2016), the USA (New York, 2010).
FILM Author / co-author:
2010: Deportation of Peoples to Kazakhstan in 1930s-1950s: The common history (on the deported to Kazakhstan during the Stalin's repressions);
2010-2011; Sөnbesіn ot Allaui (on philosophy of Alash Orda as a factor for preserving the Kazakhs and the Kazakh Diaspora, the film was shot in Turkey, France, Austria, Germany);
2011-2012: Memory of Afghan Flame" (interviews with Kazakhstan’s soldiers-internationalists who participated in the USSR Afghan Campaign);
2010: Kazakhs Karasuk Steppe" (together with the Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography of the Russian Academy of Sciences).
Over 110 publications in Kazakhstan, Russia, China, Turkey, South Korea, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, the United Kingdom.
-1999 Post-graduate Degree of al-Farabi KazNU, Politology Department
In 2007 defended the thesis for the Doctor of Political Science Degree on 'Multilateral Interaction in in Central Asian Security'.
Professional Career :
• (1996-1997) - D.A. Kunayev Humanitarian Institute):
• (1997-1998) - Institute of Kazakhstan Development:
• (1999-2005) - R.B. Suleymenov Institute of Oriental Studies of MES of RK:
Deputy Director; Head of Complex Problems of International Relations Department'
• (October 2009) - KazISS under President of RK:
• (August 2014) - KazISS under President of RK:
Research and Training:
In 2006 (6 months), School of High Studies in Social Sciences
(Paris) on Didro program;
In 2003 (September-November) Researcher at Eurasian Center of Strategic Studies (Ankara, Turkey);
In 2005 (March) Foreign Researcher at Hankuk University (Seoul, South Korea).
laureate of M.O. Auezov for Young Scholars Prize (2000).
Sanat Kushkumbayev is the author of 3 books, more than 100 articles, sections in Kazakhstan and foreign scholarly periodicals on issues of foreign policy, international relations, regional cooperation and security in Central Asia.
Born on January 31, 1978.
Candidate’s degree in Historical sciences (history of international relations and foreign policy)
Jubilee Medal “10 Years of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization” (22.11.2012 г.)
More than twenty articles on international relations, common foreign and security policy of the European Union, published in scientific journals and collective monographs.
Born on March 14, 1981
Priority scientific areas: nation building issues, social policy, youth sociology, political technology.
© Kazakhstan Institute for Strategic Studies