Social and Political Developments in Kazakhstan:
- analysis of the current political situation in Kazakhstan including monitoring and mapping of the political and social developments throughout Kazakhstan;
- comprehensive studies of political and ideological modernization;
- prognosis and modeling of social and political development in Kazakhstan;
- analysis of the current state of the political institutions, inter-ethnic and inter-confessional relations as well as counterbalancing religious extremism and terrorism;
- analysis of the current processes and trends in the information and media space.
Social and Economic Developments in Kazakhstan and Beyond:
- comprehensive studies of the problematic issues and trends in social development of Kazakhstan;
- monitoring and mapping the current social and economic situation in Kazakhstan;
- analysis of the global economic trends and their implications for Kazakhstan’s economy;
- analysis of regional developments including urbanization and migration;
- economic security studies of Kazakhstan.
International Affairs and Foreign Policy of Kazakhstan:
- monitoring of foreign policy strategies and geopolitical situation;
- analysis of domestic political, economic, and social situation in the neighboring countries;
- analysis of the bilateral relations of Kazakhstan with Russia, China, the USA, Turkey, Central Asian states as well as the members of the EU, EEU, and the CIS;
- analysis of global and regional integration processes;
- security studies and Kazakhstan’s initiatives to maintain and enhance international peace.
- the "Kogham zhane Dayuir" Academic and Analytical Quarterly Journal (in the Kazakh Language);
- the "Kazakhstan-Spectrum" Academic Quarterly Journal (in the Russian Language);
- the “Central Asia's Affairs” Analytical Quarterly Journal (in the English Language);
- collective books and monographs, collections of articles and conference materials.
The KazISS conducts comprehensive studies of internal and external issues of strategic importance for Kazakhstan as well as of the social and economic issues in contemporary Kazakhstan and beyond; it prepares analytical and prognostic materials for Kazakhstan’s authorities.
The KazISS regularly conducts expert discussions, conferences, and round tables of national and international scale on the all areas in the scope of the Institute’s studies.
The KazISS maintains good cooperative relationships with a number of the most reputable foreign research institutions and think tanks and carries out research projects on acute issues at international and regional levels.