under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Address of the President to the people of Kazakhstan
Third Modernization of Kazakhstan
"Only those nations who manage to set the future goals and proceed resolutely facing the challenges,
instead of sitting on the hedge and waiting, are the winners."
1. Strategic aspects of foreign policy:
• monitoring domestic political and socio-economic development of neighboring countries;
• analyses of Kazakhstan’s bilateral relations with Russia, China, US, Turkey, EU countries, CIS states;
• study of integration issues on the post-Soviet territory;
• study of security issues.
2. Political and social processes in modern Kazakhstan:
• monitoring of social and political situation in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• study of the processes of democratization and political institutions building in the country;
• analysis of current political situation in Kazakhstan.
3. Economic security:
• study of the economic security issues of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
• study of the development tendencies of world economics and analysis of their influence on Kazakhstani economy;
• study of the problems of globalization and their influence on Kazakhstan;
• monitoring of socio-economical situation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
• publication of scholarly journal 'Kazakhstan-Spectrum';
• publication of scholarly and analytical journal "Kogam jane Dayir' (in Kazakh);
• publication of analytical journal 'Central Asia's Affairs' (in English).
Scope of Work of KazISS
The Institute carries out basic research on strategic issues of foreign and domestic policies, social-economic development of Kazakhstan, and prepares analytical and forecast-based material for the President's administration.
The Institute conducts seminars, conferences, round tables and international forums on the issues of its main research focus.
The KazISS cooperates with foreign research and analytic institutions, carries out international research projects on various issues of development of Kazakhstan and Central Asia.