In February 19, 2021, at the site of the World of Eurasia PF, a meeting of the expert club was held on the topic “Kazakhstan's chairmanship in the EAEU: expectations, intentions and forecasts”. The meeting of the expert club was attended by Kazakh, Kyrgyz and Russian experts. The reason for the meeting was Kazakhstan's assumption of the chairmanship in the statutory bodies of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU).
President of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, in his address to the heads of the EAEU countries, noted that "we, as a Union, must focus on long-term priorities: maintaining the stability of economic and social systems, improving the welfare of citizens and ensuring the progress of the EAEU and its member states." According to the Head of State, the effective and full implementation of the Strategy for the Development of Eurasian Economic Integration until 2025 will contribute to the achievement of these goals.
- industrial cooperation;
- fair mutual trade;
- using the potential of cross-border transport arteries and logistics hubs;
- comprehensive digitalization as a force for economic development;
- relations with third countries and integration associations.
- the future of the EAEU in an era of global turmoil;
- mechanisms for stabilizing the situation during the economic crisis;
- assessment of the achieved results and prospects for the implementation of the Strategy for the Development of Eurasian Integration until 2025;
- the pandemic factor and its impact on the processes of cooperation and coordination of efforts of the EAEU member states;
- EAEU on the external track: the growth of observer countries and international subjectivity;
- priorities of Kazakhstan's chairmanship in the EAEU in 2021.
Chief research fellow Lesya Karatayeva took part in the meeting on behalf of the KazISS under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.